STEFFAN JONES' PACELAB ACADEMY
enroll at pacelab's
What Is Pacelab ACADEMY?
PACELAB is a periodised fast bowling programme with once a month LIVE ACADEMY based at the Pacelab UK HUB at Wellington School, Somerset. Watch Steffan Jones introduce the Pacelab Academy below.
w/ sunday morning sessions every 3rd week
TRAINING PROGRAMMES PLANNED
BUILT ON THE PREVIOUS PHASE
CAN START AT THE BEGINNING OF ANY STAGE
FULL 24-WEEK COST
ANY SINGLE PHASE
FAST BOWLING PROFILE (2HOUR)
MORE ABOUT PACELAB
At the Pacelab, you will have the following:
1. The ‘SJ Bowling system’ including the ‘skill stability paradigm’ uses all the following equipment:
- Force plates to measure ground reaction forces [GRF]
- Athos live [EMG] to measure muscle activation during bowling
- Jump mat to identify where you sit on the force-velocity curve ·
- ‘Lila Exogen suit’ for specific speed development. The only place it currently is being used
- Speed gun to identify limiting factors based on velocity discrepancy.
- OU weighted balls and medicine balls measuring power output
- 1080 sprint [the only location in the UK where this is available!!]
- Kbox by ‘Exxentric’ for eccentric loading
- Fly wheel squat and cable stack by ‘Proinertial’ for rotational power
- ‘Pitchivison’ technical and tactical monitoring
- ‘Keiser’ functional trainer for dynamic rotational work
- ‘Vertimax’ multi-station specific strength trainer
- ‘Exergenie’ resisted sprints to develop more momentum in the approach
- SAQ Viper belt / 1080sprint assisted bowling to increase GRF on front foot contact
- Slide-board and side strike to develop stiffness and lateral power
2. Identification of ‘BOWLING TYPE’, ‘NEUROTYPE’ and how to train to increase performance
‘My coaching is a ‘one size fits all’ free zone!!
Thank you, and you really are part of something unique and a UK first.
The first phase will be getting underway on 14th October, 2018 from 1100-1400, and every 3rd Sunday from then.
PHASE 1 – 14TH OCT & 11TH NOV
PHASE 2- 2ND DEC & 6TH JAN (longer between due to Christmass Holidays)
PHASE 3- 27TH JAN & 17TH FEB
PHASE 4- 10TH MARCH & 31ST MARCH
Wellington is a small sleepy town but there are plenty of sightseeing opportunities with Taunton, and the County Ground only 15mins away in a bus/cab-the home of Somerset CCC. ‘Millichamp and Hall’ and Somerset County Sports [The only supplier of my OU weighted balls] are based on the ground.
Players will be expected to cater for their own lunch-town centre is 5mins walk away.
If for some unlikely reason we have to cancel, there is no alternative and a full refund will be provided, although the cost of any travel will not be our responsibility.
All players should bring full cricket equipment with them – there is none for hire at Wellington.
Accompanying adults will need to sign in at the sports centre if they choose to watch the cricket that goes on. All coaches are DBS checked and highly qualified so there is no need to stay all day. There are other activities on during the same period so the campus with the exception of the dining hall at meal times are closed for casual usage unless signed in.
‘The Governing Dynamics of Fast Bowling’ is a system where no other coach in the world can confidently say they fully understand. I am confident my approach is unique and I’m looking forward to helping you bowl quicker, safer and more consistently. Remember not everyone is born to bowl 90mph. However, everyone can bowl faster than what they currently do. I am the only coach in the world who can safely say- ‘I will get you bowling faster!’
Meet the mastermind behind the new Pacelab revolution
Steffan Jones is the former Somerset, Northamptonshire, Kent and Derbyshire fast bowler who forged a career out of getting the best out of himself physically
Steffan has just finished a spell as Fast Bowling Coach to Big Bash side Hobart Hurricanes, coaching the likes of Shaun Tait, Stuart Broad and Dan Christian in the 2017 Big Bash
He is currently one of the small number of people in the world who hold an ECB level 3 qualification as well as a UKSCA accreditation in strength & conditioning
He is the leading coach in England on teaching and using heavy ball contrast training for fast bowler development Steffan also runs Cricket Strength.